We are a group of individuals that have come together for the common purpose of addressing and dealing with the very difficult reality of rapidly growing populations of abandoned and feral animals in our communities. This situation is exacerbated by the lack of ordinances within Lyon County and the various townships within the county, requiring or authorizing Animal Control to deal in any positive fashion with felines. They are only authorized, under limited circumstances to deliver cats to the Lyon County Animal Shelter for immediate euthanasia.
Our targeted areas of operation are Fernley, Silver Springs, Stagecoach in Lyon County, Wadsworth in Washoe County, and Lovelock in Pershing County.
We attempt to greatly increase public and civil awareness and sensitivity with the purpose of creating informal partnerships or strategic alliances between ARGONN (formerly GAPR), the various city and county councils, and the community as a whole to begin to resolve this tragic situation. It is always our intention to accomplish this in a spirit of partnership and political agreement while avoiding antagonistic or inappropriate confrontation.
We believe in an aggressive HYPERLINK “http://argonn.org/programs.html” TNR (trap, neuter, release) program for feral cats in addition to an effective ‘foster to adoption’ promotion for non-feral pets. This is being done in concert with community campaigns designed to encourage existing pet owners to spay or neuter each of their family pets. To assist us, we are looking to partner with both private and public veterinarian clinics to provide low cost spay and neuter programs designed particularly for the abandoned and feral cat populations.
We are not a complete animal rescue organization as we do not have a shelter facility and presently lack sufficient resources to foster and/or house animals pending adoption, but we are working toward achieving that capacity as soon as possible. In the interim we do provide a resource referral service designed to address individual situations affecting both feral and abandoned animals.
We are a fully functioning tax-exempt 501C3, incorporated in the State of Nevada which greatly enhances our efforts to develop partnerships and raise funds to achieve our objectives.
We are NOW a fully functioning tax-exempt 501C3, which greatly enhances our efforts to develop partnerships and raise funds to achieve our objectives. Join us on our FACEBOOK PAGE for current happenings….CLICK HERE.
A PET’S 10 COMMANDMENTS
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me the time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be growing old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God’s critters. Now please share this with other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven to be surrounded by hope, love and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!